Children's Yoga Advanced Teacher Training
Train to teach the best in Children's Yoga
with Siobhan Power and Emma Charvet
Join the Children's Yoga Tree Teaching Community
Location: London, SW16
Dates: Jan 2020 (date to be announced soon)
Booking: Email application form form to Emma or Siobhan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Further Info: Download our Teacher Training Info Pack
Module 1: Working with Schools - Yoga & Mindfulness
- Incorporating national curriculum themes and learning goals into class plans
- Planning games and group activities to develop emotional and social resilience
- Advanced class management - nurturing positive behaviour and creativity
- Developing Mindfulness Programmes for schools
Module 2: Yin Yoga for Calm
- How to develop a calm emotionally safe space for your class
- Creating yin sequences
- How to teach pranayama to children
- Child –friendly affirmations and mudras
- Using circle time to encourage emotional development
- Meditations, Visualisations and Relaxation for different age groups
Module 3: Philosophy for Children
- Benefits of Yoga philosophy for emotional and social development
- Taking yoga off the mat - making philosophy relevant for children
- Teaching Philosophy using appropriate language for different age groups
- Practical application of Eight Limbs of Yoga, Yamas & Niyamas and their practical application through themes, games and group activities
Module 4: Special Needs
- Identifying developmental delay and visual and kinetic learners
- Supporting children with special needs in a class environment
- Encouraging inclusivity in your classes
- Use of language and body language and class structure to support sensory processing
- Special Needs Toolkit
- Developing a multidisciplinary approach - working with therapists and schools
Module 5: Creativity in Yoga
- The benefits of creative play in the development of the child
- Creating themes and games to inspire creativity in children
- Writing stories and visualisations
- Family Yoga - partner yoga activities for different age groups
- Acrobatic & Therapeutic partner poses for families
- Developing your own creative voice as a teacher
Application for the Course
• Students should have at least 3 years of yoga self-practice before embarking on the course.
- In order to certify for the full 90hr training you will need to complete both the foundation and advanced modules. If you have your 200hr YTT and have at least 6 months experience in teaching children's yoga or have already certified with another children's yoga teacher training then you qualify to just do the advanced modules.
• A non-refundable deposit of £150 is required at the time of booking in order to secure your space on the training.
• The full amount is due one month before the course starts.
• Applications will be assessed on the entry requirements and will be approved on a first come first serve basis.
• Children’s Yoga Tree reserves the right to refuse a place to students who have not paid their deposit or full fees by the required date.
• Fees include all teaching and provision of a full Children’s Yoga Tree Teacher Training Manual.
• The course does not cover the costs of travel, accommodation or food.
Teaching and Insurance
• Training and assessment by a qualified Yoga Alliance Professional Chartered Level 2 Teacher
• Subsidised Trainee membership with Yoga Alliance Professionals
• Subsidised join up fee to Yoga Alliance Professionals (YAP), saving of £35.00 if membership upgraded within 14 days of graduation
- Members are given a membership with Yoga Alliance Proffesionals called affililates membership which is £49.00
• Deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
• Full cost is 100% refundable if cancellation is made 2 months before.
• Full cost is transferable.
• To cancel booking please email email@example.com
• 100% attendance of the course is required to gain a Teacher Training Certificate
• All assignments and coursework should be completed by the end of the course to pass the course
• If students are unable to complete the required assignments and coursework due to unforeseen circumstances, extension can be granted at the discretion of the Trainers
• If any part of a module is missed, arrangements must be made with the Trainer as early as possible to make up these lessons privately at the student’s own cost
• It is expected that students will complete daily yoga practice throughout the duration of the course
• If Children’s Yoga Tree have to cancel a course we will aim to give you at least 1 month’s notice and fees are refundable or transferable to other Children’s Yoga Tree courses.
Code of Conduct
The Children’s Yoga Tree Code of Conduct for teachers and students is a declaration of acceptable, ethical and professional behaviour.
Student Code of Conduct
Students are expected to sign the Children’s Yoga Tree Code of Conduct policy prior to starting training and uphold the Code of Conduct throughout the course. Students must comply with the requirements of the Code of Conduct failure to do could result in disqualification from completing your course.
Students are expected to observe the following values and ethical goals during the training:
- Tolerance and respect for oneself and the group
- 100% effort and focus on learning
- Fostering the spirit of play and creativity
- Commitment to developing resilience and calm
- Co-operating and sharing with others to create a learning community
Teacher Code of Conduct
In addition to adhering to the code of conduction above teachers will comply with the following code:
- Teachers will ensure that safe and effective teaching is available to students
- Where appropriate, teachers will refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment, or direction for any matters not within the scope of the training course