Children's Yoga Teacher Training
Train to teach the best in Children's Yoga
with Siobhan Power and Emma Charvet
Join the Children's Yoga Tree Teaching Community
Location: The Den, Streatham, London, SW16
Dates: Over Two Intensive Weekends: 1st - 2nd September and 6th -7th October 2018
Cost: £505 (Early Bird Special £455 if booked before 1st June)
Booking: Email application form form to Emma or Siobhan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Further Info: Download our Teacher Training Info Pack
Children's Yoga Tree Teacher Trainings are small, practical and intensive focusing on enabling each individual to start their journey as a skilled and confident Children's Yoga Teacher. The course is taught by internationally experienced children’s yoga teachers Emma Charvet and Siobhan Power who encourage students to discover their own creativity and teaching voice. The course is made up of five modules, Class Planning, Teaching Yoga in Schools, Child Development and Anatomy, Mindfulness for Children and Marketing your Business. A comprehensive Manual and Toolkit is provided with themes, songs, class plans, games, pranayama, visualisations and over 70 poses.
The course is run over two intensive weekends and focuses on kinaesthetic teaching through movement and practical activities for children. The whole course is filled with teaching practice in small groups as well as ongoing assessment including writing and teaching a class plan. On successful completion students will receive a certificate in Teaching Children's Yoga fully certified by Yoga Alliance UK, enabling students to become fully insured to teach in schools and studios in the UK.
Here's what some teachers' had to say about the previous trainings:
“ The manual is like gold dust..it gave me a lot of confidence…probably the best manual I have ever been given after attending a course. The practical advice was brilliant - I left the course with a brain buzzing and learnt soo much. “ Amy, certified adult yoga teacher
“Your training has inspired me to teach more children's yoga than intended prior to the training as well as deepen my own practice much further.” Melissa, School Teacher
"I think I taught my best ever class today thanks to your guidance over last weekend! I put so much of what you taught into practice. Thank you so much for giving me confidence and restoring the belief in myself to continue with my adventure." Joanna, Children's Yoga Teacher
"Beautiful setting.. jam-packed full of information," Alex, Forest school nursery teacher
"I loved the structure of each day - the modules were so interesting and relevant and divided up into manageable 'non-scary' chunks . I also LOVED the mindful half hour," Tabassum, parent and children's art co-ordinator
The training course is held in a beautiful light filled private yoga studio set in tranquil garden in Streatham Hill, London, SW16, close to Clapham Junction mainline train station.
Ongoing Support & Training
Children’s Yoga Tree runs tailored mentorships and regular professional development workshops throughout the year aimed at certified children’s yoga teachers. All graduates from the Teacher Training are eligible for mentorships and discounts on workshops.
Students are also eligible for the Advanced Yoga and Mindfulness Teacher Training course run by Children’s Yoga Tree in 2019 (dates TBC) and certified by Yoga Alliance. The Advanced course provides a deeper understanding of child development and behaviour as well as advanced class planning, mindfulness programme for schools, teaching special needs, yoga philosophy and more.
Our courses are comprehensive, fun and practical and are fully certified by UK's Yoga governing body, Yoga Alliance.
The Foundation course is made up of five modules and on successful completion you will receive a certificate in Teaching Children's Yoga certified by Yoga Alliance UK. This will enable you to become fully insured to teach in schools and studios in the UK.
Module 1: Class Planning
- How to structure a class and create themes for different age groups
- Creating a toolkit of poses, props and music
- alancing planning and spontaneity
- Bringing nature into your classes
- Teaching relaxation
- Finding your unique teaching voice
Module 2: Teaching Yoga in Schools
- How to structure a class and create themes
- Balancing planning and spontaneity
- Bringing nature into your classes
- Creating a toolkit of props & music
- Teaching yoga to early years, Key Stage One and Key Stage Two
Module 3: Child Development & Anatomy
- Planning classes for different age groups
- Understanding physical development of the child aged 3-11 yrs
- Teaching healthy body awareness to children
- Activities to nurture social and emotional development of the child aged 3- 11yrs
Module 4: Mindfulness for Children
- Mindful games and breathing exercises
- Teaching relaxation and meditation to children
- Creating yoga inspired craft activities
- Teaching children the benefits of mindfulness in everyday life
Module 5: Marketing your Business
- How to promote yourself as a yoga teacher
- Communicating the benefits of children’s yoga
- Yoga teacher ethics
- Creating an ethical social media presence
- How to approach schools and studios
We recommend completing our Advanced course in 2019 to receive a full 90 hour Teacher Training Certificate. Children's Yoga Tree full 90 hour Foundation and Advanced courses provide an intensive and thorough understanding of teaching yoga to children, including class planning, managing behaviour, anatomy, mindfulness, special needs, working with schools, yoga philosophy, family yoga and more.
Application for the Course
Students should have at least 3 years of yoga self-practice before embarking on the course and either a 200hr YTT or experience working with children
- Download an application form and email to Emma or Siobhan at email@example.com
- A non-refundable deposit of £150 is required at the time of booking in order to secure your space on the training.
- The full amount £505 is due one month before the course starts.
- The Early Bird Special of £455 is available if booked before 1st June 2018
- Applications will be assessed on the entry requirements and will be approved on a first come first serve basis.
- Children’s Yoga Tree reserves the right to refuse a place to students who have not paid their deposit or full fees by the required date
- Fees include all teaching and provision of a full Children’s Yoga Tree Teacher Training Manual.
- The course does not cover the costs of travel, accommodation or food.
Teaching and Insurance
- Training and assessment by a qualified Yoga Alliance Professional Chartered Level 2 Teacher
- Subsidised Trainee membership with Yoga Alliance Professionals
- Subsidised join up fee to Yoga Alliance Professionals (YAP), saving of £35.00 if membership upgraded within 14 days of graduation
- Members are given a membership with Yoga Alliance Proffesionals called affililates membership which is £49.00
• Deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
• Full cost is 100% refundable if cancellation is made 2 months before.
• Full cost is transferable.
• To cancel booking please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• 100% attendance of the course is required to gain a Teacher Training Certificate
• All assignments and coursework should be completed by the end of the course to pass the course
• If students are unable to complete the required assignments and coursework due to unforeseen circumstances, extension can be granted at the discretion of the Trainers
• If any part of a module is missed, arrangements must be made with the Trainer as early as possible to make up these lessons privately at the student’s own cost
• It is expected that students will complete daily yoga practice throughout the duration of the course
Cancellation of Course
• If Children’s Yoga Tree have to cancel a course we will aim to give you at least 1 month’s notice and fees are refundable or transferable to other Children’s Yoga Tree courses.
Code of Conduct
The Children’s Yoga Tree Code of Conduct for teachers and students is a declaration of acceptable, ethical and professional behaviour.
Student Code of Conduct
Students are expected to sign the Children’s Yoga Tree Code of Conduct policy prior to starting training and uphold the Code of Conduct throughout the course. Students must comply with the requirements of the Code of Conduct failure to do could result in disqualification from completing your course.
Students are expected to observe the following values and ethical goals during the training:
- Tolerance and respect for oneself and the group
- 100% effort and focus on learning
- Fostering the spirit of play and creativity
- Commitment to developing resilience and calm
- Co-operating and sharing with others to create a learning community
Teacher Code of Conduct
In addition to adhering to the code of conduction above teachers will comply with the following code:
- Teachers will ensure that safe and effective teaching is available to students
- Where appropriate, teachers will refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment, or direction for any matters not within the scope of the training course