Children's Yoga in Schools
Yoga and mindfulness can transform children's experience of school. At Children's Yoga Tree we work with schools to provide bespoke classes and training courses tailored to the needs of teachers and children.
Yoga focuses on the individual physical development of the child. Movements are age appropriate and provide opportunities for the children to manage their thoughts and breathing techniques. Practicing yoga from an early age gives children a toolkit for life in order to cope with the fast paced, achievement based society we live in. This provides a non-competitive environment for children to grow in confidence and self-esteem.
Children's Yoga Tree provides:
- Yoga clubs
- Yoga for PE
- Yoga as part of the curriculum
- Teacher training for Inset days
- Classes and workshops for teachers
- Special needs classes
Yoga supports learning and emotional well-being for children at school in the following ways:
- Breathing exercises develop concentration and help the child to feel calm
- Flexibility, strength and balance create healthy body awareness and reduce sports related injury
- Nature based poses create a connection and understanding of the natural world
- Mindfulness helps the child to self regulate their emotions and become confident and resilient
All our teachers have Yoga Teacher Training qualifications, DBS checks and full insurance.
Request a copy of our Yoga in Schools Pack for more information on Training, Workshops or Yoga Clubs for your school.
Sign your child up to one of our School Yoga Clubs or contact us to request a Yoga Club in your school.
Or call us: Emma on 07984 447 180 for schools in Brighton or Siobhan on 07482 605 830 for schools in South London